"...the Son of Man came not to be served,
but to serve...

"...the Son of Man came not to be served, <br> but to serve...
...and to give His life as a ransom for many."
--Matthew 20:28

Friday, June 12, 2009

Comment from Faete

A fellow YouTuber nemed Faete stopped by the other day and tried to leave a great comment on my post "S&M, D/s, M/s, B&D and BDSM" - a post which, in retrospect, should simply have been titled, "Terminology and Acronyms" or something. Anyway, her comment attempt was unsucessful, so she pasted it into an e-mail to me. I decided I would include it here as a post so that more readers would be likely to see it. I like what she has to say and I'll comment on it in my next post. By the way, her YouTube channel can be found HERE. Check it out. And now...Heeeeeere's Faete!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy! Me likey your blog. ;) It's going to take me some time to catch up on it all though! lol. :)

Anyway, I did want to chime in about the whole capitalization topic. Personally, I've never really liked the trend of submissives/slaves/bottoms/etc putting lower case initials or "i" instead of "I". To be honest, it just makes things clunky to read to me when I look and see a whole bunch of o/Our or u/Us or "i"s.

I know a lot of people use this to get themselves into the right headspace. And that's great if it works for them.

Personally though, I can see where the idea came from - and if used in the proper context I feel like it could be fun. For example, if Master wanted me to always do this when I was typing or writing to him, I would. However, I wouldn't write that way in a public forum because it insinuates that I see myself as lower in importance than the rest of the world.

I don't see BDSM like that. I don't see myself as less important than Master.. Just different. In the end, no matter if I like to be *treated* like I am worthless, or an object, or beneath him it doesn't mean I am. At the end of the day, we are both equals because without me being his slave, he would not be my Master. The same is obviously true vice versa.

So, that's my take on it. I'm Faete, not faete. I just wanted to throw that out there because I didn't see anything about *why* some people are getting away from that habit.

Cool blog! :) Keep the good posts coming. :)
Mew,
Faete
=^_^=

2 comments:

  1. Hey! You posted about me! :) lol. Rock on, I say, Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just you wait, miss kitty. More to come...

    ReplyDelete